Don’t just look around this beautiful green space but experience it with stories that make the park come alive reminiscing days when the British started to expand Bangalore, keeping the park as the central location between the old city and the new. Glimpse into some of the beautiful monuments built inside the park area while you walk around, and learn of its importance and place in history.
On this private walking tour of cubbon park, we will explore the following:
- Visit the St. Marks church- the first to be built by the British in 1809 and which has a pipe organ donated by the then caption of the England cricket team.
- Walk past the Government Museum building, which used to exhibit interesting objects crowdsourced from the public once upon a time.
- Breathe in the fresh air at the Cubbon Park and learn of stories where British and Military bands would play music at the Band stand.
- Peek inside the State Library built in colonial architecture and which contains more than 3lakh books for public use.
- Admire the architecture of the High Court which used to once serve as the administrative seat of the British and learn the many fascinating facts behind this red structure.
- Glimpse at the Vidhana Soudha – Karnataka’s Parliament House and learn of the influence of this Dravidian style building.