This walk takes us through an old neighbourhood in the city, having a rich history of its own and where culture comes alive in every corner of the area. Let us explore this place through the eyes of the artists who have given some of the streets an uplift with their art, while we also explore the famous temples in this place learning about their significance and architecture.
On this tour we will:
- Veena stores: We begin the walk after grabbing a bite to eat at the famous Veena Stores, that prepares food without onion and garlic! Listen to the story of how this place grew from a 150sqft shop space and got indispensable to people who stay in this area.
- Street art: 13 artists with 12 unique wall art, painted the streets as an initiative to encourage public transit. These works of art are culturally very significant to the old Malleshwaram area and captures its ethos and spirit of the place. We will set about to explore some of them on this tour.
- Flower market: The tour takes us through the traditional market place, brimming with life as flowers are sold close to the temple street. Heady with fragrance, we stop here to capture some pictures before moving onto the next stop.
- Nandi Theertha temple: A temple that was discovered recently, was found intact in a pristine condition after it was unearthed. One of the very few temples in architecture where we find a water body in the main sanctum of the temple.
- Kadu Malleshwara temple: This old temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva, has an inscription stone dating back to the 17th century and is also the reason the area gets it name! We also come to learn the Hindu customs and rituals while spending time at this temple.
- Dhobi Ghat: The biggest in Bangalore where clothes are washed by hand, we will end the walk here watching the washermen beat out the dirt from the clothes and sundry them. If you are adventurous, you can also get into the action and give this profession a try.
Malleshwaram 18th cross Bus Stand
*This tour is bookable as a private tour, where it is exclusive to you or your group/family.
Any day of the week
You can book your slot by making an online payment.
You can make the payment in cash at the end of the tour.
Cancellation up to 3 days in advance: Full refund.
Cancellation within 3 days from the date of tour: No refund.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably as we will be entering sacred spaces. Please avoid clothes that reveal the knees and shoulders. You will be asked to cover your head in few places we visit.
- We will have to take off our footware in places of worship. A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable slip-ons are recommended, that are easy to wear and take off during the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children above 12 years are charged under adult pricing.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. An alternative or a full refund will be provided in case of cancellation due to weather.
- For any other tour customisation send us an enquiry.
- Carry Umbrellas, water bottles, sunglasses and caps for your safety.