Get introduced to authentic Bangalore culture on this walk in one of the old neighborhoods in the city, which grew from a peanut village in the 1500’s to a residential area in the late 1800’s. Listen to the stories behind this iconic area, as we fill our belly’s with delicious food and walk around temples, markets and heritage neighborhood.
- Vidhyarthi Bhavan: One of the few restaurants in the city which people can vouch for the best Dosa’s and which is best complimented with a cup of steaming hot filter coffee or 2!
- Gandhi Bazaar: This old street market place is always brimming with life with locals, specially during festivals where you get to witness the real reflection of Bangalore’s heritage and culture.
- Gavi Gangadeshwara temple: This is a 10th century cave temple having a lot of mysteries attached to it, which you will learn when you explore this unique place.
- Old Neighborhood walk: Explore this quaint little area where the houses are more than 100 years old getting a glimpse into the architecture and life of people who stay there.
- Bull temple: This walk is not complete without visiting the famous Bull temple which was built after a notorious bull destroyed farmers crops in that area.
* This tour is bookable as a private tour, where it is exclusive to you or your group/family. We also organise shared tours which come on the calendar page.
Any day of the week.
You can book your slot by making an online payment.
You can make the payment in cash at the end of the tour.
Cancellation up to 3 days in advance: Full refund.
Cancellation within 3 days from the date of tour: No refund.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably as we will be entering sacred spaces. Please avoid clothes that reveal the knees and shoulders. You will be asked to cover your head in few places we visit.
- We will have to take off our footware in places of worship. A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable slip-ons are recommended, which is easy to take off and wear during the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children above 12 years are charged under adult pricing.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. An alternative or a full refund will be provided in case of cancellation due to weather.
- For any other tour customisation send us an enquiry.
- Carry Umbrellas, water bottles, sunglasses and caps for your safety.