On this walking tour, discover Bangalore, which was founded in the 15th century by the founder of the city Kempegowda. Walk down the narrow alleys and experience the hustle and bustle of this market area where we visit places which are more than 100 years old to see the culture, customs and traditions come alive. This is the side of Bangalore you will experience only after tossing away the guide book and one that you will remember for years to come.
- Begin this tour with a cup of refreshing coffee while learning about the story of Bangalore on the very street that laid the foundation of the entire city.
- Take a walk past an old memorial church dedicated to an English missionary who contributed towards education and Karnataka’s history.
- We visit an old well-preserved building that serves as a hostel for young boys and which was once used as firing point during the Indian independence movement.
- Seek blessings at a temple which is more than 350 years old, while understanding the temple rituals and customs.
- Visit an old wrestling house and learn its connection with history and its losing popularity to modern gyms today.
- Get a glimpse inside of a tiny old shop where ancient healing techniques are used to cure patients when modern hospitals fail to treat them.
- Get blessed the traditional way at an old Muslim place of worship where people of all religions come here seeking for a solution to get rid of their problems.
Entrance of State Bank of India
State Bank of India, Kempe Gowda Road (Near Mysore bank circle) Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560254
*You are booking this a private tour which is exclusive to you or your family/group.
Any day of the week.
You can book your slot by making an online payment.
You can make the payment in cash at the end of the tour.
Cancellation up to 3 days in advance: Full refund.
Cancellation within 3 days from the date of tour: No refund.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably as we will be entering sacred spaces. Please avoid clothes that reveal the knees and shoulders. You will be asked to cover your head in few places we visit.
- We will have to take off our footware in places of worship. A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable slip-ons are recommended, that can be easily worn and taken off.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children above 12 years are charged under adult pricing.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. An alternative or a full refund will be provided in case of cancellation due to weather.
- For any other tour customisation send us an enquiry.
- Carry Umbrellas, water bottles, sunglasses and caps for your safety.