Visit this old heritage city to relive the splendor of the past which witnessed its glory days during the times of the kings and queens. The mesmerizing palace, markets and temple will transport you back in time when royalty and opulence governed the place!
- On being picked up from your hotel, you will travel with your tour companion to see any 5* of the following :
- KR Market: If you begin your tour early enough, you can visit Asia’s largest wholesale market for flowers. Be mesmerized by the quantum of sale that takes place every morning and feel your 5 senses come alive at this market place!
- Cocoon market: Karnataka is know for its beautiful silk and is home to Asia’s largest cocoon market. Visit this place to catch the auction that takes place everyday and learn more about the intricate process of weaving silk.
- Channapatna toy factory: Learn more about these toys having geographical significance, which was introduced during the time of Tippu Sultan. A guided tour inside will give insights into the toy making process and you can even shop for them at the factory outlet.
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary : Located on the banks of the river Cauvery, this is the largest bird sanctuary in Karnataka. Home to migratory birds, it is a popular nesting place for these avian creatures and a haven for wildlife enthusiasts and shutterbugs.
- The Mysore Palace: Be transported into this timeless space and marvel at the architecture where the royalty still lives inside the palace. In the main palace building you will see the grandeur and mesmerizing beauty of Doll’s Pavilion, Royal marriage hall, Public & Private Durbar Halls, and lots of stories about the dynasty.
- Devraj Market: Discover this market area older than 100 years, feel your senses opening up on a small walk here, where the market is knitted into the heritage of Mysore. This is a good sample of a traditional Indian market place that is colourful, noisy, vibrant and a tad chaotic.
- Chamundi hills: With a background of the history, culture and tradition of Mysore, you can proceed to see the magnificent Chamundi temple of the 11th century situated on a hillock. Visit the second largest granite stone sculpture in the world of Bull (Nandi) on this hill.
- Srirangapatna: This historic town boasts of the Tippu Sultans Summer palace and the fort built by these rulers that remained unconquered for a very long time.
- St.Philomena’s Church: Visit this church which was first built in 1843 to serve the British officers stationed at Mysore and Srirangapatna. It was later remodelled into a Neo Gothic style.
When your guided tour ends, your driver will safely get you back to Bangalore before dinner time.
* Please note your tour companion will advise you the places you can visit depending upon the start time from Bangalore and day of the week.