Its that time of the year again when Lord Ganesha comes to visit his people! On this private guided tour we will learn all about the upcoming festival, immerse ourselves and visit places of significance including the street where huge idols of Lord Ganesha are sold.
- Dodda Ganesha Temple: The famous temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha dating back to the 16th century, and houses a huge idol of Lord Ganesha carved out of a single rock.
- Gandhi Bazaar: This old street market place is always brimming with life with locals, specially during festivals where you get to witness the real reflection of Bangalore’s heritage and culture.
- Mane Holige: For this festival special tour we will eat the food offered to the gods during the festival days.
- RV street: The street that comes to life before the festival month, where Ganesha idols are sold in all sizes. We will conclude the walk here.
If time permits we can also visit the Big Bull temple, in the same area.Entrance of Dodda Ganesha Temple Bull Temple Rd, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004
http://<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d15553.808331347958!2d77.5681966!3d12.942898!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0x98b4d1599ebd6716!2sShree+Dodda+Ganapathi+Temple!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sin!4v1565963321814!5m2!1sen!2sin” width=”600″ height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
* This tour is bookable as a private tour, where it is exclusive to you or your group/family. We also organise shared tours which come on the calendar page.
Any day of the week.
You can book your slot by making an online payment.
You can make the payment in cash at the end of the tour.
Cancellation up to 3 days in advance: Full refund.
Cancellation within 3 days from the date of tour: No refund.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably as we will be entering sacred spaces. Please avoid clothes that reveal the knees and shoulders. You will be asked to cover your head in few places we visit.
- We will have to take off our footware in places of worship. A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable slip-ons are recommended, which is easy to take off and wear during the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children above 12 years are charged under adult pricing.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. An alternative or a full refund will be provided in case of cancellation due to weather.
- For any other tour customisation send us an enquiry.
- Carry Umbrellas, water bottles, sunglasses and caps for your safety.