On this cultural day trip, lets step outside of Bangalore city to learn more about Karnataka’s famous art and craft forms. The State is renowned for the production of beautiful silk and handcrafted toys, which we will explore on this trip alongside taking a drive to see the villages and rural life of people. We also make a stop to see a cultural centre and museum place and can also catch some live performances by local artisans.
- We will begin early and after being picked up from the hotel we visit::
- Ramanagar Silk Market: The largest auction market in Asia, where more than 50 tonnes of cocoons are traded every day. Learn more about this industry and the process of extracting fine silk, making India the 2nd largest producer of silk in the world.
- Village Visit: We take a drive to the rural areas to see the life of people specially those engaged in the silk cultivation. We can also visit a place know for the migration of painted storks, which nests in this village very close to human habitat
- Channapatna Toy factory: Know as the land of toys in Karnataka State, one cannot miss the many shops that sell the wooden toys here while driving through this place. We will visit one of the cottage industries and get a first-hand experience to see how these toys are made.
- Janapada Loka: An institute dedicated to the preservation of rural folk culture and activities. It houses a wide array of rural artefacts depicting the essence of folk literature, music, dance, festivals, sculpture and lifestyle
When your guided tour ends, your driver will safely get you back to Bangalore before dinner time.Your hotel Your hotel