On this walking tour, discover Bangalore, which was founded in the 15th century by the founder of the city Kempegowda. Walk down the narrow alleys and experience the hustle and bustle of this market area where we visit places which are more than 100 years old to see the culture, customs and traditions come alive. This is the side of Bangalore you will experience only after tossing away the guide book and one that you will remember for years to come.
- We will begin this tour by meeting at the Anjenya temple on Avenue road and began the day over a chat and a cup of refreshing coffee while learning the story of Bangalore on the very streets that laid the foundation of the entire city.
- Take a walk past a memorial where you will listen to the contribution of a missionary towards Karnataka’s history.
- We’ll go back in time 100 years back where you can admire the architecture of an old yet well maintained building, while learning how it empowers the youth of today.
- Seek blessings at an old temple which is more than 350 years old, while understanding the temple rituals.
- Visit an old style gymnasium and learn its connection with history and why it is in dying form today.
- Get a glimpse into the ancient healing medicines and practises used by the 6th generation family, which is popular till date.
- Make a wish at a Muslim place of worship where religions merge and listen to the stories and rituals that is still carried forward by the locals at the Pete. We end the walk where children and other people get treated the orthodox way for peace and prosperity.
Entrance of Anjenaya Temple
Anjeneya Temple, Avenue Road (Next to State Bank of Mysore), KG Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560009
*You are booking this a private tour which is exclusive to you or your family/group.
Any day of the week.
You can book your slot by making an online payment.
You can make the payment in cash at the end of the tour.
Cancellation up to 3 days in advance: Full refund.
Cancellation within 3 days from the date of tour: No refund.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably as we will be entering sacred spaces. Please avoid clothes that reveal the knees and shoulders. You will be asked to cover your head in few places we visit.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children above 12 years are charged under adult pricing.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. An alternative or a full refund will be provided in case of cancellation due to weather.
- For any other tour customisation send us an enquiry.
- We take a maximum of 12 people on this tour. For larger numbers send us an enquiry
- Carry Umbrellas, water bottles, sunglasses and caps for your safety.
You can choose to customise this tour through the following*:
- Change of timings
*Subject to differential pricing