Visit this old heritage city to relive the splendor of the past which witnessed its glory days during the times of the kings and queens. The mesmerizing palace, markets and temple will transport you back in time when royalty and opulence governed the place!
- On reaching the city you will meet the expert tour guide and explore the following places:
- The Mysore Palace: Be transported into this timeless space and marvel at the architecture where the royalty still lives inside the palace. In the main palace building you will see the grandeur and mesmerizing beauty of Doll’s Pavilion, Royal marriage hall, Public & Private Durbar Halls, and lots of stories about the dynasty.
- Devraj Market: Discover this market area older than 100 years, feel your senses opening up on a small walk here, where the market is knitted into the heritage of Mysore. This is a good sample of a traditional Indian market place that is colourful, noisy, vibrant and a tad chaotic.
- Chamundi hills: With a background of the history, culture and tradition of Mysore the tour proceeds to the magnificent Chamundi temple of the 11th century situated on a hillock. Visit the second largest granite stone sculpture in the world of Bull (Nandi) on this hill.
- Srirangapatna: Visit this historic town and learn about its inception from the 9th century onwards, where you will get to the see the fort built by the Muslim rulers that remained unconquered for a very long time. While you also visit the palace of the Muslim kings, the area is also sacred to Hindus where you can visit the Ranganatha Swamy temple.
When your guided tour ends, your driver will safely get you back to Bangalore before dinner time.
On Sunday’s you could choose to stay back a little longer in Mysore to watch the Palace lighting in the evening at 7pm.